Wednesday 7 November 2012

Meta-horde by Sean T. Page & John McCuaig

This is the story of a world ravaged by zombies. Only a very few outposts survive holding out against the zombie armies. Now an eminent scientist in the outpost of Carcassonne in France has predicted that the zombies will band together in 'meta-hordes' (millions of zombies together) and storm the last few outposts. Desperate to wipe them out before they arrive, a few plucky survivors decide to blow up a nuclear power plant. Sadly they are sabotaged by an infiltrator from a group bent on creating Armageddon. Will they survive long enough to wipe out the meta-hordes? Will the plan work, and will the earth be saved?

I must admit, I have reviewed so many zombie books now I am honestly starting to enjoy the genre! This was no exception. I enjoyed the gritty dystopian horror that the world has been left in - with life just existing from day to day. The action was relentless although the zombie gore was played down. This to me was more about the survival than the blood and guts. The characters were easily identifiable with and seemed very human to me. I found the pace just right - a great page turner for a spooky winters evening or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment