Monday 1 June 2015

Within by Keith Deininger

This is the story of a town gone bad, the house at the centre of it all and four people who band together to try and stop the rot from spreading and to make things right again. For a long time the Upshaw Mansion has lain empty and abandoned, now a mysterious stranger has moved in and things are going rapidly wrong in Mesa Rapids. Could it have something to do with the painting the owner has commissioned?....

This is very much a trippy, blow your mind, is it real or not type of story, I have come to expect from this author. I will admit to being thoroughly confused in places, and now thinking on it again, I am not entirely sure what I was reading, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story. The characters gelled well and the pace of the story kept me glued until the last page. Another fine novel from this author and DarkFuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment