Wednesday 2 April 2014

Whom the Gods Would Destroy by Brian Hodge

This is the story of Damien. Rejected by his mother and brother growing - he is now an astronomy graduate at University. Content with his life, he is stunned when his brother turns up after 13 years with news of their mother, and a discovery he has made that will change all of their lives forever....

This was an interesting story, I really liked the originality of it but for me a lot of the 'sci-fi' bits went right over my head. I didn't understand much of the terminology and that spoiled the story a little bit for me. That being said, if 'sci-fi' is your thing then you will enjoy it immensely. The story underneath the 'techy' stuff was unique, and it captivated me. The characters seemed real, and I related to them. The pace was spot on, and the story read well. My caveat is that this will appeal to 'techy', 'sci-fi' fans more.

No comments:

Post a Comment