Saturday 27 December 2014

Blackout by Tim Curran

This is the story of Jon. He wakes up after a neighbourhood party to find his wife missing and a bizarre storm raging. He ventures outside to find his wife and fumbling around in the dark he comes across strange snake like cables strewn across his garden. Then the lights go out and all hell breaks loose...

I have read a few of Tim's books now and none of them have disappointed me. This was no exception - full of atmosphere and menace. I could feel Jon's panic as he tried in vain to search for his wife, and his grief at eventually coming to terms with her inevitable fate. I must admit this one was so descriptive in places I was looking over my shoulder, and I certainly did not read it with the lights off! Another winner in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment