Tuesday 20 September 2011

Ink by Holly Hood


This is a story about a teenage girl leaving all she knows and moving to California with her Dad and twin brothers. She meets many odd people but none more so than the tattooed and muscular Slade. But is there more to him than meets the eye?

This was, in short, brilliant! Very different from what I was used to with the Wingless series. Hope was a strong heroine and Slade was great as the boy with a mysterious secret. Tucker was deliciously odious as was his Dad. When Slade's secret was revealed I was pleasantly surprised and thought, 'Wow, that was different!', and I loved it. Tucker and his Dad had a suitable comeuppance and the ending was just fantastic.

A very different, well put together novel by an author I have come to enjoy very much. I totally recommend this as a very enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment