Thursday 9 February 2012

Heartless by Allan Leverone

This is the story of Gary, a very suspect type of character who kidnaps two young girls with the idea of commiting nefarious things with them. But these two young girls are not what they first appear to be. Over the course of one night Gary is going to find out that he may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Again the author did not disappoint with this novella. This was perhaps a bit more sinister than previous books but still a fantastic read that pulls no punches and packs a lot into a little space. I read it in two sittings because I simply could not put it down. Gary was a totally odious character, and I found myself hoping he would get his comeuppance. There was simply nothing to like about him at all! Janelle and Audrey were totally believable as the helpless victims - but with a huge secret. When the secret was revealed it hit me for a loop as I did not see it coming!

Lovers of Allan's books or dark horror will love this. Even if you have never read any of Allan's books, give this one a go. It's a novella so a nice quick read - you won't be able to put it down, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. mmm... it sounds promising. However I don't think it's my type. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete