Saturday 19 January 2013

Prodigal Son by Christine Sutton

This is the story of Tim Shively. Abandoned by his father and beaten by his drunk of a mother, his start in life was not the best. When he finds a letter addressed to his dad, he decides to open it and read it. It contains details to a lock-up. Tim decides to go and find out what is kept in the lock-up. What he finds there will change his life forever....

This was a brilliant book. Written by a woman, it is uncompromising in its brutality. It is fast paced, relentless and unashamedly graphic in the descriptions of violence. I applaud the author for breaking down those preconceived barriers and writing such an emotive story. I thoroughly enjoyed this and couldn't put it down once I started it. I totally recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing, Kim. I picked up a copy of this recently, but have yet to start it. I'm glad to hear that it's very good.I'll look forward to begin reading it very soon.

    -Jimmy
    http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete