Monday 2 September 2013

The New Flesh by Keith Deininger

This is the story of Jake. He is an ordinary 4th grader, but he is haunted by the memories of a fire he started two years previously and also by a man he sees in his nightmares, a man known only as 'The Melting Man'. Unbeknownst to Jake, the Melting Man has another agenda, a far more horrifying one that will involve jake, his family and his friends. When his nightmares start to bleed into reality, that's when things get a bit strange and start to go horribly wrong for Jake...

I wasn't sure what to make of this to begin with, as it seemed to be taking me in a direction I was unwilling to go - but then it took another turn and I could not put the book down. This was another shortish read that had plenty packed into its short length. Some parts were brutal and some parts scary but the whole was a mind blowing horror that came together in a very interesting climax, that may or may not leave the door open for another. I do hope so as I feel Jake has more stories to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment