Tuesday 29 October 2013

Woven in Blood:Sleeper Cells by Ian Woodhead

This is the story of Damien and Cade. Best of friends and both destined to be fodder for long asleep vampires. When Damien's mother embarks on an affair, she has no idea of the long buried secrets she is in danger of unearthing, and Damien and Cades lives take a very different turn to that which was ordained for them. When the vampires awake, the two clans find a very different world from that which they left behind, and a war breaks out. Now nothing will be the same again, for the humans, vampires or anybody.

I must admit, it took me a long time to get into this, and I almost gave up, not because of the writing because that was great. I struggled because it was vampires, and I just don't like vampires. I am really glad I persevered though, because the story took off and I couldn't read it fast enough. The characters were solid and the pace of the book rocketed along. Be warned though, this is the first in a series. Whilst it can be read on it's own, it is intended to be part of a series. That being said, if you like your vampire full of action and blood, with a sprinkling of sexiness, then this is totally for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment