Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club by Duncan Whitehead

This is a story about a 'sleepy' town in Savannah called Gordonston.The story centres around the park and the women who walk their dogs there. Something is not right in Gordonston though, and behind the curtains of the picture perfect houses, rivalries are brewing, scheming and plotting is afoot, some are leading double lives and some would rather their secrets stayed hidden. It all comes to a head one fateful morning and nothing will be the same again....

This was a wonderful story. I loved the quirky characters and the writing style made it so easy to read. It seemed like all the characters had something to hide, and several red herrings were dotted around so as to lead me off the 'scent' I thought I was following! Towards the end, the different strands of the story started to come together and the ending, when revealed, was a total shock! I thoroughly enjoyed this and for a debut novel was excellent, and I sincerely hope the author has more up his sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment