Wednesday 4 December 2013

Nightmare Man by Alan Ryker

This is the story of Jessie. he hasn't been sleeping too well lately owing to some heavy duty night terrors. when his nightmares start to impact on his son, Jessie seeks help from a psychiatrist who refers him to a sleep study. He goes along to enrol, and they give him a drug to supposedly help with the dreams, that's when things take a turn for the worse...

This is another of those stories that slowly, but surely wiggles its way under your skin and stays there. I have always had a thing about closed cupboard doors at night but now at least I know I am not alone, and this has validated my fears! The pace belted along, and I felt invested in Jessies story. The characters were solid and felt real. I really enjoyed this, although it brought back memories of when I was a child and my nightmares! For a quick read (with the lights on!) to keep you up at night, I recommend this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment