Monday 23 December 2013

Sacrifice Island by Kristin Dearborn

This is the story of Jemma and Alex. Paranormal investigators, they travel to the Phillipines on the basis of a diary Jemma has received,  in search of ghosts on an island called Sacrifice Island. People in the town are none too thrilled to see them and soon they find out why - and what really resides on the Island. It's not what they expect at all...

I loved this. I think it is my new favourite of the year! It was a great story that gripped me from the beginning and didn't let go until it's dramatic conclusion. I loved the characters - Jemma needed a hug, but couldn't get one, Alex loved Jemma so much but couldn't show it and at the centre was Terry and his tragic loss of his wife. The showing of events without telling me appealed to me, I love when I can make up my own picture in my head, it makes a story for me. I also like the fact that the story was based on a local legend, it piqued my interest. A brilliant story all round, oh and did I mention I loved it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment