Tuesday 20 May 2014

The Fading Place by Mary SanGiovanni

This is the story of Charlie. Putting her baby in the car after a mornings shopping trip, she is accosted by a woman intent on abducting her and her baby. She needs Charlie to take her to a special place where she plans to kidnap the baby and she will stop at nothing until she reaches her goal.

This was a fantastic novella, I really enjoyed it. There was a couple of places that I felt things could have gone differently, but they didn't ruin the story for me, and this is just my opinion. My only real niggle is I wish it were longer! The tension throughout was palpable and the story belted along. Charlie was a strong lead and it was nice to have a female cast as a psychopath for a change! Another great addition to the DarkFuse library.

No comments:

Post a Comment