Thursday 1 May 2014

The Reluctant Jesus by Duncan Whitehead

This is the story of Seth Miller.He is happy with his life. He has a good job and is happy leading a carefree lifestyle. All that changes however with a phonecall from his mother inviting him for tea. Everything he knows is ripped asunder when his mother casually informs him he is the new Messiah. When a phone call from God confirms this news, he must eliminate his skepticism and gather a band of disciples in order to perform miracles, and prepare for Armageddon and the fight of his life...

After a bit of a wobbly start where I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this, it turned out to be a laugh a minute comedy fest. The characters were great with some great names alluding to the original Messiah. (Maggie De Lynne and Bill L Z Bubb anyone?) The story romped along and I couldn't put it down. I am really loving this author's work and I hope there is more to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment