Wednesday 25 June 2014

Shadow Animals by Keith Deininger

This is the story of Saul. He lives on the edge of Copperton Forest with his wife and son. The forest is a strange place full of sinister secrets and strange animals. Now Saul's son Ezzy has failed to come home, and fearing the worst he must make the journey into the Forest and beyond to rescue him...

I enjoyed this, the story belted along, full of tension and drama. Saul's plight is one any parent dreads, and as a mother of two sons myself I identified with him totally. I have read and enjoyed most of Keith's work and this certainly did not disappoint. It is a quick read but Keith's writing and vivid descriptions keep you glued to the page. At times I had to wince, as they were so vivid! This is a belter of a novella with an unusual twist at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment