Tuesday 1 July 2014

The Cutting by James Hayman

This is the story of Mike McCabe. He is a single father and detective in the Portland (Maine) Police Department. A woman has been discovered with her heart cut out and another is missing. There is also a case in Florida that mirrors the case in Maine. It is up to McCabe, and his partner Maggie Savage to find out who the murderer is and why they are taking hearts in particular.

I read this as part of the Summer of Chills and Thrills read along led by WitnessImpulse.  I really enjoyed this, it was a taut well-paced thriller. I was glued to the page and there were a few twists and turns until I got to the final page. I loved the fact that the main character was a single dad, it meant nothing would be straightforward for him as he juggles home and work life. The twists and turns along the way were clever and kept me guessing. A good all round thriller that has me reaching for Book 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment