Sunday 20 July 2014

When we Fall by Peter Giglio

This is the story of Ben. He has lost his best friend and worst enemy in quick succession and is at his lowest ebb. All that is keeping him going is his filmmaking and his burgeoning friendship with a neighbour, Aubrey. When he picks up his latest film from the developers, he suddenly starts seeing strange visions and has terrible nightmares.What is going on, and how can he stop it?

This is the second novella I have read by this author and I enjoyed both very much. This is more dark than horrific and comes across as a coming of age/paranormal sort of story. The pace was consistent and the characters sound. It started off quite light and then we were taken down a very dark tunnel until the end when all the pieces fell into place. I enjoyed this so much I read it in one sitting. I hope that there is more to come from this author from DarkFuse as I am loving his style!

No comments:

Post a Comment