Wednesday 25 March 2015

In the Shadows of Children by Alan Ryker

This is the story of Aaron. He lost his brother in mysterious circumstances 15 years previously. Seven years later his father died and now his mother has passed away from an accidental fall down the stairs. For the first time since he left for college and his brother disappeared he needs to confront what is hiding in his bedroom cupboard. It will take all his courage as he struggles to regain his memories....

This was totally absorbing and very very creepy. Playing expertly on our fears of the boogeyman, this novella had me looking over my shoulder and checking my cupboards were shut before I went to sleep! The pace was relentless and I had finished it almost before I realised it. My only criticism is I wish it were a bit longer, that aside, a fantastic quick read for a scare jolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment