Saturday 21 March 2015

The Lazarus Contagion by Jacob Rayne

This is the story of Mark. He lives in Taunton where nothing much happens at all. That is until one day when he finds himself trapped in a shopping mall with masked gunmen indiscriminately shooting people dead. Suddenly he finds himself in a race against time to escape before he is caught or becomes one of the zombie-like super strong people that have begun to appear in town.

This was a fantastic story. Scifi fused with horror and gore dripping on almost every page, and some parts of it were genuinely scary. With aliens and zombies and one gigantic cover up, it was racy, pacy and impossible to put down. The characters shone and stepped of the page at me. Once I got into the book, I had to find out what happened next. It was a long book, but the chapters were nice and short so my attention was grabbed and held. The ending was left wide open for a sequel, and I cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment