Monday 2 March 2015

Surrogate by David Bernstein

This is the story of Tom and Rebecca. Rebecca is shot one day whilst out gardening and the resulting surgery reveals cancerous ovaries. Left unable to have children, she battles with depression until her therapist offers her a solution in the form of cloning. They are blessed with a daughter, and life seems rosy. Fast forward five years and we meet Jane. Pregnant and stuck in an abusive relationship, she kills her husband and is killed herself in a car accident. Jane, however has more in common with Tom and Rebecca than they will ever know...

This captivated me from the very beginning. It started with a bang and just kept on going, the pace rocketing along. About half way through however things took a horrific and menacing twist and things ramped up a notch. I literally couldn't take my eyes of the page and read the entire novella in two sittings. Despite the small cast, they kept the story going and I believed in them. Another fine release from both David and DarkFuse.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article.
    cash for cars gold coast
    cash for cars sunshine coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thank you and good luck.
    cash for scrap cars caboolture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.
    Townsville Cash for Cars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
    cash for cars sydney nsw

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post is wonderful and informative as well. Loved it
    Cash For Scrap Cars Brisbane is the best place to cash in Brisbane for several reasons. One of which is because we offer great deals to every single one of our clients regardless of the make and model of their cars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Keep It Up Online customized gifts shop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate you sharing. Wow, that sure was odd. I just typed a lengthy comment, but when I hit "submit," it didn't appear. Well, I won't go through all that again, grrr. I just wanted to say what a great blog you have! 
    cash for scrap cars gold coast

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, you make fantastic information. I've read your work before, and you're absolutely wonderful. If you need a recent car removed from your property or disposed of immediately, contact our team of experts. We are happy to provide you with a free quote over the phone at "Car body removal adelaide."

    ReplyDelete