Friday 27 February 2015

The Last Mile by Tim Waggoner

This is the story of Dan. He has been made a thrall in a post-apocalyptic world, destroyed by entities known as the Masters. His job is to procure sacrifices for his Master. Along the way he has to negotiate a long road fraught with many pitfalls, and predators. Can he make it to the Master before his latest sacrifice escapes, like the last one?

This was really good. I read it in one sitting and was utterly hooked. The action was just enough to keep me reading and I was rooting for Dan to make it. His sacrifice, Alice was feisty, without being over the top. The pace was spot on, and the characters were strong. There were a couple of heart stopping moments, when I was on the edge of my seat. The descriptions were amazing, Tim must have a very vivid imagination! Another fantastic release from DarkFuse, I hope this trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment