Tuesday 3 March 2015

Masters of Blood and Bone by Craig Saunders

This is the story of Holland and Ank, father and daughter. Holland is an ex-detective who sees dead people, and Ank is seventeen, and, well, special! When Holland brings home a mysterious book, and Ank reads it and disappears, Holland will stop at nothing to get her back. Even if it sparks off a war between good and evil itself.

This was funny, horrific and confusing all at the same time. It read very much like a Terry Pratchett novel at times and I loved it for just that quirkiness. The pace was spot on and the characters shone off the page. Holland was just right in his eccentricities, and Ank was his stabling force, the relationship between them was fantastic. Fantasy horror is a relatively new one on me, but I'm glad I stepped in, because now I want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment