Saturday 6 October 2012

The Fifty Shades Trilogy by E. L. James

This is the story of Ana and Christian. Christian is obsessed with Ana from the moment she stumbles into his office to give him an interview.He has very singular sexual tastes though, can Ana overcome her initial revulsion at his proposals or are their lives together doomed before they start?

I started these with some trepidation as I felt I was really just jumping on a hype bandwagon. I was captivated by the first book. The burgeoning relationship between Ana and Christian was beautifully told, including Ana's revulsion at Christian's lifestyle. There were moments of repetition throughout the whole trilogy. Ana's use of 'oh my' started to grate after a while. I loved the battle between Ana, her subconscious and her inner goddess but even that became repetitive by the end of the third book. Book two I felt lost it's way a little bit but by book 3 it was like putting on an old pair of slippers and welcoming friends in for dinner. Overall I enjoyed the trilogy but I realise it won't be for everyone. I would call it a marmite set of books. Either you are going to love them or hate them. If you go in with your eyes open and ignore the hype then I think you will enjoy this trilogy as I have. Hopefully there will be more more from Christians side as the teasers at the end of book three suggested!

No comments:

Post a Comment