Tuesday 9 August 2011

City of Champions by Daniel Stanton

This is a thriller about an ex military man getting used to life on the 'outside'. He has a job as a private investigator, a woman he loves and he is near his beloved brother. Life couldn't be better. And then his brother is brutally murdered. So begins the search for the killer.
 

The book was quite brutal in places but it was all in context with the story. I really enjoyed the raciness of it and the fact that it grabbed you by the hand and ran with you and didn't let you go until the explosive end. I identified with the characters, I thought they were completely believable. At first some of the actions may seem over the top but in the context of the story they are completely believable.

I hope this author carries on in the same vein as I would love to read more of his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment