Monday 8 August 2011

Forever the Dark Grave by Jacob Drake

On the face of it this is a vampire story. 'Oh no, not another vampire story!' I hear you cry. But wait! Before you judge on subject matter, yes it is a vampire story but it is so much more than that. It turns many of the tried and tested myths on their heads. I can't say too much here without revealing spoilers but it certainly put a new spin on things for me and gave me lots to think about.

I loved it. The pace was quick and snappy with plenty of action and even a little bit of sauciness in for good measure! And an ending that was unexpected as it was shocking! I recommend this to anyone who would like to try a 'different' vampire tale. It has made me hungry (See what I did there?!) for more by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment