Monday 8 August 2011

The Last Resort by Valerie Douglas

This is a story about a woman asked to find a young girl thought to have runaway. Being experienced in 'making abused disappear' she thought it would be a routine rescue. It turned out to be anything but.

I cannot overemphasise how much I enjoyed this book. I loved the multifaceted layering of the different elements of the story. Part thriller, part love story, it appealed on all levels. I really identified with the lead character on a personal level. The story was well paced and there were some really exciting bits, some sad bit but also some happy and heart warming bits. And just when I thought it was all wrapped up, the author took me on another wild ride to the end. I would like to give my congratulations to the author as I feel she has another winner here!

No comments:

Post a Comment